Today’s episode of Body Kindness is all emotional eating.
Whether it’s happy, sad or anything between, we’re having a real honest conversation about the challenging relationship between how we feel and what we eat. Plus, we’re starting a Body Kindness book club!
Listen to Episode 4:
Here’s what we talked about…
- We discuss what’s wrong with labeling foods as “good” and “bad” and why you should fire the food police.
- I explain why all emotions, good and bad, are actually good for you.
- Bernie talked about his relationship with food since his time on The Biggest Loser, from feeling a responsibility to be a weight loss “ambassador”, to the challenges of everyday life and family food rituals.
- I shared how lack of self-compassion can be self-sabotaging when it comes to practicing body kindness and creating new healthy habits that last.
- I gave Bernie practical and simple ideas for bringing more planning and body kindness into his day to help him practicing being the person he wants to become.
- Bernie and I discussed how unhelpful thoughts overpower the best intentions for changing – and how to handle them so they don’t run roughshod over you.
- We begin to touch on the idea of food addiction – is it real or is it just a habit?
- We tackled a great a question from a listener in Chicago, who wanted to know: how she can embrace intuitive eating if she doesn’t trust herself to make healthy choices?
- I share a story about a new client who struggles with perfectionism and how it gets in the way of her body kindness practice. And I invite listeners to share their challenges with emotional eating to address in a future show.
- In the news this week: A new study has found that negative messages about “bad” foods (e.g. “Red meat is bad for you!”) can trigger feelings of rebellion and make you want to eat those foods.
- We announced our new monthly Body Kindness Book Club… join us! Our first selection is of course… Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. Grab a copy of the book, or take the audio version for a walk , and tune in next episode for our discussion.
Are you ready for Body Kindness?
Get started today with my free e-course and on-demand digital training. Learn more.
Available wherever books and e-books are sold, discover what people are saying about Body Kindness and if it’s right for you, I hope you’ll buy it.
Watch my videos about why we need Body Kindness on YouTube.
Tell me what you think
Nothing in this podcast is meant to provide medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Individuals should consult a qualified healthcare provider for medical advice and answers to personal health questions.