Today we’re talking about the benefits of gratitude.
We talk about why gratitude matters to Body Kindness, and how to be grateful even when it’s hard.
Listen to Episode 14:
Here’s what we talked about…
- What is gratitude? Bernie and I discuss our definitions and why a gratitude practice is an important key for unlocking health and happiness
- I share how gratitude can boost your positive emotions, which can help you stick to goals and build new habits
- Bernie shares examples of how gratitude helped him when he went to a job he hated every day
- Bernie and I shared stories of loss and how gratitude could be helpful in coping with tragedy by helping you find “goodness” and meaning in your life again.
- I summarized that gratitude is really about building and strengthening relationships and your connections to other people. This has a massive impact on your choices and self talk and you’re more likely to appreciate the gifts and blessings you already have.
- There’s also a growth impact that motivates you to create even more good in the world – the Pay It Forward effect and what famed sociologist Georg Simmel calls “the moral memory of mankind.”
- Bernie and I discuss ways to enjoy the holidays without the guilt or the rule.
- The Importance of Gratitude
- Happify Daily: The Science Behind Gratitude (And How It Can Change Your Life)
- Greater Good: What Is Gratitude?
- Also on Greater Good: Pay It Forward
- The Order Of The Good Death
- #bodykindness on Instagram
Are you ready for Body Kindness?
Get started today with my free e-course and on-demand digital training. Learn more.
Available wherever books and e-books are sold, discover what people are saying about Body Kindness and if it’s right for you, I hope you’ll buy it.
Watch my videos about why we need Body Kindness on YouTube.
Tell me what you think
Nothing in this podcast is meant to provide medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Individuals should consult a qualified healthcare provider for medical advice and answers to personal health questions.