Happy New Year!!!!
Hopefully, you’re already riding the “nope train” out of dietcultureland…
But just in case you aren’t… a quick PSA: DON’T DO IT. Don’t do whatever it is you’re thinking of UNTIL you read this.
Please, don’t… fall for the shaming tactics or “feauxspiration” of diets like Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting, Keto, Weight Watchers, Daily Om, BeachBody… etc. etc. etc.
Be very (I mean really) careful of today’s most insidious crap of the “lose weight with intuitive eating…” or “the body positive way to getting the body you want” or “make the healthiest choices that still bring you joy” (I just love that one… always trying to be “healthy” does NOT bring joy.)
All of that is B.S. (nope train.)
Instead… fill your heart, mind, and life with these AMAZING (free — yes these are all FREE) ways to roll into 2018 a little happier and more committed to well-being, for yourself and others. (Did I miss one? Leave it in the comments and I’ll keep updating the list through Jan 8th.)
- Weekly words of wisdom on life without dieting with Melissa Toler (she also has a fee-based course “write to get free”)
- Plus-Size Food & Body Peace Beginner’s Guide with Meredith Noble
- Body positive rebellion, a 7-day self-paced course with Amber Karnes
- Things to focus on besides dieting this new year by Jennifer Rollin
- Get free from body shame in the new year, plus free downloadable workbook when you sign up with Be Nourished
- Anti-diet menus and meal planning tips sent to your inbox each week with Leslie Schilling
- The Love Food podcast and Food Peace syllabus with Julie Duffy Dillon
- Seven simple strategies for finding peace and freedom with food and Food Psych podcast Christy Harrison
- The only detox you need in 2018 with Meghan Kacmarcik
- The diet liberation cycle with Green Mountain at Fox Run
- Decoding physical and emotional hunger e-book with Tracy Brown
- Free e-book “inner girl power” and ideas for anti-diet resolutions by Beth Rosen
- Seven Reasons NOT to pursue weight loss this year with Nina Mills
- Free mindful eating e-book with Kori Kostka
- Free e-book for moms struggling with emotional eating with Adina Pearson
- Free e-course Dip your toes into Intuitive Eating with Erica Leon
- Self-care mini e-course for 5 days with Annina Schmid
- Seven day confidence boosting course with Stephanie Waitt
- Resolutions that work with Teddey Hicks
- BodyGuard defense against diet culture mini e-course with Sara Upson
- Five days to a diet free life with Christie Lee
- 10-day Body Confidence Makeover with Summer Innanen
- Don’t try to lose weight video with Rebecca Adrianna
- Collection of health and happiness tools with Emily Kyle
- What thin people don’t understand about dieting with Traci Mann
- Non-diet and eating disorder recovery book club with a free option with Amber Madden
- Self-test: Is your “eating plan” really a diet? with Barb Spanjers
I hope you find many options to connect to your true self and practice Body Kindness this year. Make choices from a place of love. Connect to your body. Fully commit to being good to yourself.
Love. Connect. Care.
My podcast and e-course are free, get started here. Plus when you do the e-course, you’ll get invited to our Body Kindness Insiders group on Facebook. My book, Body Kindness, has “spiral ups” throughout and will give you a great start at reframing your life to diet-free and body shame – free zone!
And if you’re looking to connect with me more directly, my brand new year-long “spiral up club” may be just what you need. It’s less than $1/day. I also see private clients, which you can learn about here.
How will you “spiral up” in 2018?
Leave a comment or blog link below. I’d love to hear your plans. Here are a few motivations from my community. I can relate to every one of these.