Dr. Jennifer Webb is back on the podcast to share outcomes of our Body Kindness research study examining mindful self-care and depressive symptoms in pregnancy and 5 years postpartum. Tune in to learn about the novel outcomes and get some advice you can use — really, it’s good advice for anyone — pregnant or not. We all have a body and we can all heal our relationship to it.
Pick up Body Kindness wherever you get books and audiobooks. Get started with Body Kindness for free – www.bodykindnessbook.com/start
Listen here to Episode 111 here:
Download the research poster
Reference: Mindful Self-Care Scale
Cook-Cottone, C. P., & Guyker, W. M. (2018). The development and validation of the Mindful Self-Care Scale (MSCS): An assessment of practices that support positive embodiment. Mindfulness, 9(1), 161-175.
About Dr. Webb
Dr Jennifer Webb studies body image in women as part of her research at UNC Charlotte MIND-BATCH lab. She is a Harvard and University of Southern California trained health psychologist. Dr Webb received her bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience from Harvard University, Master’s in Psychology from the University of Southern California, and PhD in Psychology also from the University of Southern California.
Books and Research Mentioned on the Show
- Dr. Webb’s research to date
- Dr. Webb loves these books:
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: 5-Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms by Shonda Moralis
- Mindful Motherhood: Practical Tools for Staying Sane During Pregnancy and Your Child’s First Year by Cassandra Vieten
- Like A Mother by Angela Garbes
- Mindful self-care scale is credited to Catherine Cook-Cottone
- Tune in to our previous show on body image flexibility.