ALDI is my one-stop shop for high-quality, nutritious foods that don’t break the bank. Shopping at ALDI helps make my life easier, too.
If you’re looking for creative ideas for your Lent table, I’ve got you covered with delicious fish dishes, mouth-watering vegetable sides, and sweet endings to your meal with a few of my favorite desserts.
I’m so excited to share these seven tasty recipes from ALDI, in this sponsored blog post.
Visit aldi.us to take advantage of better-for-you recipes so you can make fresh food at home.
For more fun information and tips, “Like” ALDI.USA on Facebook and follow @ALDIUSA on Instagram and @ALDIUSA on Twitter. And, if you’re like me and want to share your own recipes, photos, tips and tricks, tag ALDI using the hashtag #ALDILove.
Mains: It’s All About Fish at Lent
- Maple Walnut Crusted Sockeye Salmon: Seared salmon topped with homemade candied walnuts and arugula.
- Seared Tilapia with Pea Puree: Marinated tilapia over a puree featuring Season’s Choice Sweet Peas and Pinot Grigio.
- Shrimp Tostada: Baked tostadas topped with shrimp salad and black beans.
Why I love these: Fish is a Lent staple, and nutritionally provides a reliable source of protein. At ALDI, seafood is always simple and sustainable. ALDI offers Fresh Never Frozen fish, including Atlantic salmon and tilapia, in stores every day.
Sides: Flavorful Veggies the Family Loves
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice: A twist on Spanish rice: riced cauliflower with rich flavors of tomato and Spanish spices.
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries: These better-for-you breaded veggies are crunchy and on the table after just 15 minutes in the oven.
Why I love these: When taste and flavor combine with nutrition it’s a “bullseye” in my book. ALDI offers a wide range of fresh choices in the produce aisle like these vegetables. ALDI continues to expand its offering of organic products. Shoppers can spot organic products by the “organic” seal on the front of packaging.
Desserts: A Sweet Ending to Memorable Meals
- Cocoa Mocha Oatmeal Cookies: Soft oatmeal cookies with a mocha drizzle.
- Dairy-Free Vanilla Pudding: A rich, dairy-free pudding made the traditional way.
Why I love these: My girls love to bake with me and I love spending quality, screen-free time with them. We made both these recipes and created a dessert board with fresh citrus and berries I picked up at ALDI.
Don’t Miss ALDI Finds! They Change Every Week
Every week, ALDI introduces new premium food and household products at low prices for a limited time through ALDI Finds. It’s a way ALDI surprises shoppers with trendy new products and also an opportunity to test out new items that could become part of the everyday selection.
Here’s just a short list of items I picked up at a recent haul:
- Crofton dutch oven and porcelain servers
- Huntington Home storage bins for organizing my kids’ toys a little more beautifully
- Pembrook assorted cards and envelops for writing “thank you” cards and cards for no reason at all
To Know ALDI is to Love ALDI
ALDI believes in providing high-quality food at affordable prices. It’s why they do everything they do. And, ALDI has even more good news for people in my hometown of Washington, D.C.: last month, ALDI opened its second Falls Church store at 155 Hillwood Avenue.
Do you love ALDI like I do? Leave a comment below and let me know.