“What does the research say about fasting? Is it good for you? Friends claim that it fights inflammation and dementia and has a million other health benefits. Is this true, or is it just another diet in disguise?”
Bernie and I tackle this listener question on intermittent fasting – is it a diet in disguise and why is it so dang popular? Hoda and Jenna began an IF challenge on TODAY show recently.
Tune in to hear Bernie break his silence about what drove him to step out of the public and “hide” after The Biggest Loser (spoiler: it’s related to fasting). Plus readers shared their negative experiences with trying IF so you definitely don’t have to.
Listen here to Episode 134 here:
- Jenna and Hoda weigh themselves before trying intermittent fasting
- Podcast 103: Diet and the Disease of Civilization with Dr. Adrienne Rose Bitar
- Podcast 100: Diet Culture Exists Because We Don’t Want to Die with Michelle Allison the Fat Nutritionist
- Nourishing Women podcast: Ep. 75: REPOST- Intermittent Fasting with a History of Disordered Eating
- The Science Behind Intermittent Fasting: Are The Claims True?
Join me to “fund the future” of dietetics
I am on the advisory council for a much needed organization, Diversify Dietetics, a non-profit committed to increasing diversity in the field of nutrition. Less than 10% of nutrition and dietetics professionals identify as people of color and our communities need more dietitians from different races and ethnicities so they can receive the highest quality, most culturally appropriate care. Visit DiversifyDietetics.org and click “donate” any amount. Your donation is tax deductible.