My guest is Lara Loverro, a health coach, certified intuitive eating counselor, and she’s a professional mentee of mine. Importantly, Lara is a resident of New York and her mother is COVID-19 positive (over two weeks on a ventilator). Her teen son is struggling with anxiety related to the trauma. Lara shares how she and her family are coping and her recommendations for coping with anxiety.
Listen here to Episode 145 here:
Coping with Anxiety Self-Care Checklist
- Create a simple daily routine and schedule to follow (this can help minimize overthinking and hustle mindset when you aren’t doing enough).
- Limit media consumption (most all news, but especially COVID-19 news)
- Bond with family at home and distance (apps like Marco Polo, Facetime, Zoom)
- Create a self-care menu of activities you enjoy that can help relax you
- Sleep enough in the evening
- Get help if you need it. Talk to your doctor or find a psychologist. Telehealth sessions work to help you regulate emotion.
Lara Loverro is holistic health and lifestyle coach. She works with individuals to help them reconnect with food, their bodies and their lives. She is a Certified Health Coach, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, Certified Eating Disorder Recovery Coach and Certified Personal Trainer.
- Covid-19 meal support happening on Instagram – follow @COVID19EatingSupport
- Body Kindness Episode 144 – Resilience Practices for Anxiety and Body Shame During COVID-19 with Nicola Haggett