Intuitive Eating is out with a 4th edition and the co-authors Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch are on the show to discuss what you can expect in the newest edition and we answer listener questions about struggles with intuitive eating.
- The new alignment of Intuitive Eating with “anti-diet” approach.
- Changes to the specific principles (spoiler alert: they changed one principle to honor your feelings with KINDNESS), and I love this change. It’s even more aligned with the Body Kindness philosophy now.
- Why co-opting Intuitive Eating for weight loss (looking at you, NOOM) is wrong.
- Why self-compassion is so difficult and essential for learning Intuitive Eating.
- The beautiful neurobiology of interoceptive awareness to self-connect and how food is part of our connection to others as well.
- Common emotional triggers for soothing with food, and what to do if this bothers you.
- Listener questions around shame, gentle nutrition, IBS and more.
Listen to Episode 154:
Win a copy of Intuitive Eating 4th edition!
Subscribe to the Body Kindness podcast and leave a comment on this post as your official entry.
There are 5 copies up for grabs. US and Canada residents only*.
*Giveaway rules. Enter only once. Winners chosen at random, 1-2 a week. Must be US or Canada resident with a valid email address. Winners will be contacted by email by 9/1/20 and have until 9/5/20 to claim their prize.
Evelyn and Elyse’s previous appearances
- Podcast 132: Intuitive Eating: The history, growth and impact with co-creators Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Podcast 42: Intuitive Eating For Families, With Elyse Resch, Co-Author Of Intuitive Eating
- Podcast 26: Be the Expert on Your Body: Intuitive Eating as an act of Body Kindness with Evelyn Tribole, co-author of Intuitive Eating book and workbook/
All Body Kindness shows featuring Intuitive Eating
Podcast Theme: Intuitive Eating
Elyse Resch, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, is a nutrition therapist in private practice in Beverly Hills, CA, with over thirty-eight years of experience specializing in eating disorders, Intuitive Eating, and Health at Every Size.
Evelyn Tribole, M.S., R.D., is an award-winning registered dietitian with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, CA. She was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America and was a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for six years.