Please come see me at one of these Body Kindness events!
June Clinical Supervision for Dietitians and Therapists
Body Kindness is not just a book, it’s a weight inclusive philosophy for helping people enhance their body image and self-confidence while making meaningful changes in their life.
Grounded in mindfulness, positive psychology, and motivational interviewing techniques, with the practice of Body Kindness you can help support people through the change process , including when dealing with medical nutrition needs, and you can do this in a way that centers well-being enhancement, not weight loss.
This group is ideal for practicing RDNs and Therapists who embrace intuitive eating and a HAES-informed approach to behavior change counseling, group work, and training programs.
Through this 4-week intensive supervision group, we will explore essential topics, including:
- Body Kindness self-care fundamentals, holding space for weight and appearance concerns, cultivating a “caregiver” voice with compassion, and values-centered goals.
- How weight stigma, experienced and internalized, harms our clients and how acceptance and self-compassion can help them heal from shame.
- How to help clients befriend all their emotions that may influence their mood and self-care choices, and
- Best approaches for noticing and overcoming “thought bullies,” which may be rooted in past trauma, perfectionism, and self-judgment.
- The power of mindfulness and connection to self and others in enhancing meaning and purpose.
- Business best practices to explain to clients and other helping professionals what you do and why. How to reduce shame, weight stigma, and promote a safe, welcoming space for clients to learn and grow with you.
- 4, 60-90 minute calls, on X date/time via Zoom (audio and video capabilities)
- MP3 audio recording of each call
- 12+ forms, tools, and resources you can use in your practice ($199 value)
- Plus additional resources resulting from our supervision calls. This may include research, articles, links, and more recommendations based on the client cases being discussed in our group.
- Password-protected website with everything is in one space and you can download for your use after the group is complete.
- Certificate of completion with supervision hours.
How it works:
- After you sign up you will receive an e-mail and access to your supervision portal, which includes the forms, tools and resources.
- Each week we will spend at least 60 minutes in a group chat together. An additional 30 minutes will be reserved for group members wanting to discuss additional cases or cases in more detail at the end of the main call.
- The session will begin with a 10-15 minute presentation led by Rebecca.
- The session will continue with each group member sharing a client case and their challenges.
- Through the case studies and Rebecca’s responses, the group will continue to learn and process the Body Kindness approach to counseling behavior change.
- 1-2 days after each group call, you will receive an e-mail notifying you the audio recording and additional material are available in your portal.
- At the end of the 4 weeks, you will complete a brief survey (optional) and receive your completion certificate.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- no refunds, if you cancel 72 hours prior you can join a future group at no cost.
- portal access for two weeks after close of supervision to have time to download everything.
- additional 1/1 supervision may be available 20 min $89 calendly during or after the group.
2 day writing and self-care weekend retreat for helping professionals. In this one-of-a-kind weekend, we will focus on personal growth and resilience from diet culture. We will discuss life, well-being, business, and plan our next set of accomplishments.
e-mail email@example.com to learn more